Today, in an event of my office Halal Bi Halal Syawal 1433H, in Rafflesia Ballroom Balai Kartini, I received 5 Years Service Award from may office. I was a bit surprised that I was included in this occassion since I was not notified before. I joined this company in April 2005. So, my 5 years anniversary was in 2010, but the service award is only given now.
I remember, once upon a time, in a Sunday, in early 2005. It might be in the month of January. I was called by a friend of mind, when we worked together in a company which operated in East Kalimantan. He said in a phone conversation, asking me if like to come back to oil company. I had been 5 years at that time in an international oil service company. The blue company.
I left an oil and gas operating company that operated in onshore Kutai Basin East Kalimantan in 2000, after 15 years in service. I left this company taking an early retirement after this company stopped the exploration activities. Then in 2000 I joined an international oil service company. That was the blue company.
To make the story short, I got bored working in oil service company and I wanted to come back to an operating oil company. I found after 5 years working in this oil service, it was the time to leave this company. And the opportunity came at the right time. I got a call from my ex boss. Thanks God! You answered our prayer.
I remember, I asked what would be the position you offered me. He said if you like, just come to my office and talk. Well, his offer actually hasll made me happy. It was a national oil company. And I wanted to work in a national oil company.
In his office, he straight forward offer me a job. Firstly he offered me as an exploration operation manager. But I negotiated that I wanted a G and G manager. I had enough experience as exploration operation. I wanted the person who managed the exploration study, integrating teh geophysics and geology to generate exploration and field development prospects.
He agreed with my request. He offered me a remunaration. I saw it that was good enough. I tried to bargain asking higher remunaration. He said it could not be done since it was the standard of the company. Well, that was OK, I could live with that. Actually, it was fair and enough for me.
If you accept my offer, then the HRD people would call soon for a psycho test. This process happened in the month January 2005. All the process of recruitment completed in February 2012. Then I asked my new boss to start in April 2012 since I needed to give one month notice to my company and fulfilled my 5 years service to get the severance payment.
This employement really made me and my wife very happy. I could leave the service company that I had ot bored for 5 years, and my family was happy as I got a good position and better compensation. Thanks God.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment